Centre for Multi-disciplinary Research and Community Development(CMRD)
Sree Sankara College Kalady is situated in Kalady, in the rural belt of Ernakulam District. The catchment area of the institution stretches across seven Grama Panchayats. Being an institution which caters to the academic needs of the people of the rural area, it cannot turn a cold shoulder to the community around. The academic community of the institution felt that service to the neighbouring community is one of their tasks. The activities in this direction had to be streamlined, and this need led to the formation of Centre for Multidisciplinary Research and Community Development in 1997. Objectives:
Teacher in Charge: Dr. B. Ramesh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To equip members of faculty of the college to involve in research works of multidisciplinary nature.
- To make an environment in the campus which facilitates percolation of innovative ideas generated, into the community around.
- To identify the local level issues that can be addressed by the academic community.
- To evolve adequate and timely intervention strategies to ameliorate the gravity of such issues.
- To design and develop various technologies, devices, products, services and the like for the welfare of the rural community.